Monday, October 17, 2005

Blanket Accusations

I know there are many people right now in New Mexico who seem to want to paint all of New Mexico Politics with the same brush as they paint the New Mexico State Treasurer's Office. This is really unfair. Yes, there are certainly some bad apples out there and I hope they get what is coming to them, but most elected and appointed officials do their jobs honestly and mostly professionally.

Partisans in the Republican Party are trying to paint all Democrats right now as being corrupt because the State Tresurer is corrupt.(allegedly) Yet, I don't hear the Republicans calling themselves corrupt because of the continual revelations of political corruption surrounding the White House and financial corruption surrounding the indicted Tom Delay and his gang.

I certainly don't think all Republicans are corrupt because of those problems and it would strain credibility for anyone who says that to me. The same is true when I read about the Republican mudslinging.


Right now this partisanship and its ridiculous rhetoric is having the effect of making Independants look good. I am watching "Commander in Chief" on TV these days and it is appetizing to watch Geena Davis' portrayl of an Independant President. I have heard that comment from more than a few folks.

No comments: