Thursday, November 08, 2007

Imminent Converging Catastrophes

My sister Carlota spent the last couple of nights with us while attending the annual New Mexico Grant Makers conference. She used to be the head honcho of that group but recently retired.

She moderated some sessions today and spontaneously came up with the term 'Imminent Converging Catastrophes.' She is referring to global warming, poverty, energy shortages, forced immigration caused by these things, and a general lack of people not caring about each other in this country anymore.

I think she has it down pretty good. It all started with Ronald Reagan's administration and has reached its crescendo with bush. Clinton and numerous Congresses share the blame too.

I am out of town for a couple of days but I asked her to write up an essay on this which I will put on the blog soon.

No comments: