Sunday, July 06, 2008

Ouch

So, this is an awful self made photo of my face fixing. Don't let it scare you. It will get rid of the precancers on my face, or so I am told. It is an ordeal but it will be pretty much over in about three weeks.

It is somewhat uncomfortable but endurable. The cream I have to put on my face twice a day essentially will eat away all the sun damaged areas before it erodes the good cells, which as you can see are a minor part of my face. Just four more days of applications and then it will start healing, but will actually look worse for a week or two.

I am putting this gross thing on the blog to encourage others to get checked for these precancers. They are common, especially at this altitude with lots of ultra violet rays shooting around. Melanoma is not good

1 comment:

Karen Fayeth said...

Ouch. Just...ouch.

Note to self: Sunscreen.

Be well, Jim. A little trouble now will save a lot of trouble later on.