Wednesday, August 19, 2009

P.R.

I blogged a couple of days ago about the business community luncheon that I attended. They are working on renewable energy resources as a way of powering their businesses while fighting climate change. At the event I ran into John Fleck of the Journal. We were wondering why there was no sense of urgency on this issue in congress or the administration, and John made a pretty good observation. He said that he and some scientists had decided that the scientific community just didn't know how to do public relations programs to advance their findings. I think that is true. Maybe Science needs a radio talk show. Sooner rather than later!

I also made a mistake in saying that some protestors at the luncheon were there to work against the climate change bill. That group does exist and is being funded by the oil and gas industry, but they weren't there that day.

No comments: