Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Misc.

Local TV news spent a lot of time using their new Choppers to report on a fire in the Rio Grande Bosque in Albuquerque's north valley.  It did little damage and hurt no one but since it could be the subject of aerial videos it naturally got a ridiculous amount of airtime.

What is the deal with the dead bear?  Last night as I managed to sit through local TV newscasts and the corpse of that bruin was prominent.  Same thing in the Journal this morning.  Winnie the Pooh would be aghast! Not a good thing while consuming my frosted mini wheats this morning.

Now the Journal's radar seems to be settling on Bernalillo County Manager Thaddeus Lucero and his job status.  I have appreciated the reporting on the much ignored county government lately.  I think there really does need to be a lot of sunshine shed on them.  I see that John Dantis has retired after the reporting on the problems of his son working at the jail.  When I was Mayor of Albuquerque I always enjoyed working with John and felt he was responsive and civil.  I am sorry to see him leaving his career under these circumstances.

I am off to Pendairies Village in northern New Mexico to play golf for a couple of days.  That golf course is absolutely beautiful. I used to play there a lot in the 80's.  Not many people know about it.  It is about 25 miles from Las Vegas, NM.

No comments: