Sunday, July 04, 2010

Rio Grande Foundation

The Albuquerque based Rio Grande Foundation is now the rightwing group that is quote worthy for the Albuquerque Journal. I have been unable to find out who funds them.  If you google their donor page it takes you there and says the page doesn't exist.  It has other people wondering too.  There is a blog dedicated to pushing back against them.

Here is my paranoid take.  They are funded by the oil and gas industry and ultra right wing groups around the country.  Maybe they will let us know if I am wrong.  Don't count on it.

Strangely enough, I know some of the Board of this group.  Jack Swickard of Roswell.  Sealy Cavin of Albuquerque.  I like both these guys and they have always been very conservative.  I would still go have a beer with them anytime before trying to prove them wrong on just about everything.  (There are some things I would agree with them on.)

1 comment:

Greg Smith said...

This site might interest you.

http://rgfwatch.blogspot.com/