Thursday, August 05, 2010

For the Life of Me

That was something I used to hear my mom say.  "For the life of me" I cant understand.......

I feel the same way about a couple of things right now.  For the life of me I can not figure out why the American voter thinks Obama should have fixed everything in 20 months after we had 96 months of bush and his boys screwing things up so badly.  I know people have short memory spans, but right now stupidity seems to be controlling.

I can't for the life of me figure out why squabbling religious sects are getting media attention about whether or not a Mosque should be build near the World Trade Center.  Its that whole christian versus moslem thing going on, with the the jews jumping into the fray.  Haven't all of these folks done enough damage in the name of their particular gods without now getting into holy war over a zoning issue?

I can't for the life of me figure out why we can't just quit these judicial, religious and social debates over two people who love each other getting married!  Well, maybe I have figured out this one.  These fights on gay marriage are really about politicians, churches, and activists getting funding from the people they have duped into thinking gay marriage is the end of civilization as we know it.

Actually, civilization will possibly end for this country if we don't get a U.S. Senate that can even get to a vote on an energy bill.

I turn 65 in a few weeks.  Maybe I am getting more crotchety.  Except when we have a cat sitting nearby.  Hermes the Cat is now about five months old.  He and Ajax the other Cat yesterday discovered the wonders of the doggy door in the office.  They are now going out unsupervised into the garden.  Hermes now has discovered that sitting on the photo  printer is a good place to stay warm.

No comments: