Monday, November 15, 2010

Waiting for Analysis

I would like to see some analysis done by some wonks somewhere that would make clear what happened to Diane Denish's vote vis a vis the vote for Martin Heinrich in Bernalillo County.  Heinrich won his race by 10,000 votes while Denish lost by 4,000 in the state's biggest county.  Where exactly did those differences come from?  What does that mean for elections two years from now?  I have a feeling that the difference in those candidates vote totals might have come from areas other than the city's mid heights which is mostly a strong democratic area.  Did Martin excel on the West Side or far North East Heights?  Did Diane perform poorly in one of those areas?  The fact is that democratic candidates cant win unless they win this county.

I am sure somebody somewhere will come up with this analysis and I will share it if I see it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would guess the difference is in the 87105 zip aka the South Valley. Martin has made a lot of friends there with his strong constituent services and his accessibility with scheduled "meet with your congressman" office hours at his deep So Valley branch office. He's been embraced; Diane, not so much.

Anonymous said...

I'm one of those democrats who voted for Heinrich and for Susanna Martinez. Denish did not separate herself from Richardson soon enough or often enough. Failure by association, I'm afraid.