Thursday, July 07, 2011

Summer Blahs

Dog Days.  That what they call these.  Hot, turgid, and slow-mo is the way I would describe them.  Up at 6:15 to mow the grass, except I couldn't wake my grandchild until he was up on his own.  So I read the newspaper where the attacks by the Journal on government employees continue.  No, I don't agree union officials should be paid by the city while doing union business during work hours.  It is hardly above the fold news however and just shows how bad the philosophy of the paper has become towards public servants.

They should take a lesson from what is happening in the UK with the rightwing Rupert Murdoch news empire.  Hacking into murdered girls voice mails, along with dead soldiers from Iraq and Afghanistan.  Trying to derail murder investigations by slandering cops and their families.  Now Murdoch, in fear of losing his conservative float is closing the guilty newspaper.  It won't help his reputation in my opinion. This all reads like bad fiction.

Still, happy things happen in the summer doldrums.  Like reveling in the old and the new.  This is a photo of my Uncle Jaime Baca holding the newest of the Baca family, Simon Desmond Baca.  My 88 year old uncle is a retired public servant and World War II Combat Veteran who served in the 5th Air Force in the Pacific.  He is a Deacon at St. Thomas Aquinas Church in Rio Rancho.  Simon is just now eight months old and is our first grand child.

No comments: