Friday, December 02, 2005

Another Board Meeting



I am off to Salt Lake City for 24 hours to attend a meeting of the Southern Utah Wilderness Alliance Board. I have served on that Board for ten years now. The Red Rock areas in Utah continue to be under great threat of being overrun with roads and all terrain vehicles.

Utah celebrates its beauty in its advertising, but its political leadership doesn't really care about protecting it. They are guilty of malfeasance in their stewardship of that state's national treasures by opposing any protection of these lands. Of course, this is one of only three states that still supports bush.

There was a good oped in the Journal this morning by my old colleagues Mike Dombeck and Jack Ward Thomas. They were both Chief of the U.S. Forest Service during the Clinton administrations. I would say read it here but the Journal has no link to it. I find this happens often with their interesting op-ed columns.

No comments: