Thursday, January 19, 2006

Mistaken Identity-Have Pity

I have an identical twin brother. His name is Tom and he is two minutes older than me. He was appointed the Director of State Aviation by Governor Richardson last year. He is a highly decorated retired Army Aviation and Corporate Pilot. He was a helicopter pilot in Vietnam and also flew fixed wing spy planes over the DMZ. He still doesn't say what that consisted of.

He has a lot of work to do in the State Capitol over the duration of the legislative session. We are so identical that many people think he is me. That is understandable. Sometimes he doesn't know the people that I do and might seem unfamiliar towards someone who knows me. Please don't think I am snubbing you. It is really my brother because he really doesn't know you.

He was always catching hell when I was Mayor in Albuquerque. People would insult him over potholes in the street when he wasn't the Mayor. Have pity on him.

He has a full beard and I have a goatee. That probably doesn't help things so maybe I can get him to shave his off. I had mine first. He is always copying me. Mom always loved him more!

The whole campaign was a tragic case of mistaken identity.
George McGovern

Read this Link

No comments: