Thursday, January 12, 2006

Young Activists-YDs


This is Nat Chakeres and Terri Nikole Baca of the Young Democrats. I met them tonight at a YD meeting at Boston Pizza on North I-25. Nat just graduated from Harvard and Terri from UNM. They are both first year law students at UNM and they are both active in the Young democrat's organization. One of them will be President one day I decided. The other a Senator maybe. It was great meeting them and somewhat of a tonic to a veteran like me. I actually know Terri's father, Matthew. He has been working hard on environmental causes for many years.


This is Marissa Gonzales of the YD's. She is also a great person to know in the Governor's Office where she slaves away everyday for the big guy. She ran the meeting.


This is Marissa, Angela Chavez of the State Democratic Party, and Karen Montoya, candidate for Bernalillo County assessor. There were a lot of other bright young folks there and they give me hope that young people can still be activists in moving things to a better future in the country. Hopefully, we will start by taking Congress away from bush.

No comments: