Tuesday, February 28, 2006

San Juan Convention and I am Retired!

It is 11:00PM on Tuesday night. I just got home after a quick round trip to Farmington and the San Juan County Democratic Convention. I still have some caffeine in me so here is a days tour in pictures. I also just realized that I am now officially retired at Natural Resource Trustee for Governor Bill Richardson. The new Trustee will be Albuquerque City Council President Martin Heinrich. He will do a great job and serve the Governor well.

People often wonder why I enjoy grueling statewide campaigns so much. It is because of the beautiful landscapes that slip by at every milepost on our state highways. Here are the Sandias.

Certainly these landscapes are worth saving and that is why I am running for Land Commissioner once again.


Good light and a good camera catch the Jemez, without snow, on a late winter day.

It was great of my Campaign Treasurer Rodger Beimer to drive me up Highway 550. He is handy to have around to hang the banners in places a guy like me could rarely reach.

There was a very good crowd on hand for the convention at the Farmington Civic Center. County Chairman Gordon Glass ran a smooth operation. All of these people are genuinely nice.

Here is a picture of Magistrate Judge Jim Attcity and me. He has always been one of my favorite personalities up in San Juan County.

Looking back on this long day I have to say it was a lot of fun. Rodger and I talked a lot about our careers as Broadcast Journalists some 30 years ago and how much we loved that profession when TV news was at its best.
I will be on the road quite a bit more this week. Las Cruces, Deming, Silver City and Sandoval County.

No comments: