Thursday, March 02, 2006

Get Over It

State Republican Party Executive Director Marta Kramer is crying foul because the party is being audited by the State Labor Department on their Workmen Compensation Taxes. They feel, along with republican legislator Dan Foley who was audited last year, that they are victims of selective audits. Get Over It!

As Governor Bruce King used to say, the tax auditors are "equally unfair" to everyone. I am sure the Democrats will be audited too. The best thing that could happen for the Republicans is to come out with a clean bill of health. I read that the republicans and democrats were last audited in the 90's sometime so what is the big deal here?

"The Lady doth protest to much"
Hamlet-Shakespeare


This will be an intense weekend for all of the Democratic Primary Candidates. There are county conventions all over the state.
I will travel to Las Cruces for the Dona Ana County Convention tonight. I always love seeing the Organ mountains to the east of Las Cruces. The area is being considered for Wilderness status.

Tomorrow we hit Deming and then on to Silver City. Saturday morning I will fly back up to the Sandoval County Convention while my erstwile campaign manager Jessie Keefe and other volunteers will handle things for me in Taos County.

No comments: