Saturday, March 04, 2006

Silver City to Bernalillo

There was no tilting at windmills on this three day campaign swing. We put 700 miles on the car before it was over. After leaving Deming yesterday we arrived in Silver City where I had coffee and visits with long time supporters. I did a nice interview with Avelino Maestas at the Silver City Daily Press. They are one of the few local newspapers in New Mexico that still print on site. 8700 copies a day!


It was then on to the Grant County Democratic Fundraiser at the Red Barn restaurant. The place was filled to over flowing and I had a lot of old friends there. I think our campaign will do very well there.


Matt Runnels, the County Democratic Chair along with Lt. Governor Diane Denish and other good Democrats were gracious hosts. Matt looks really good after undergoing heart surgery just a short time ago.

We left Silver City at 8pm last night and took the mountain route over Emory Pass. I wish I could have taken a picture of the night sky from the summit. It was breathtaking. We got into Albuquerque about midnight.


It was up again this morning for the Sandoval County Democratic Convention. Once again it was well attended. I also had a crew up in Taos County for their convention. So it has been a long three days but it was really enjoyable!

No comments: