Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Daytime TV Commercials

As I relax after the last year's hard work I have been reading lots of novels. I have a habit that drives Bobbi up the wall though, as I read I also have the TV turned on to MSNBC or the History or Military Channel. Well, during the day time I sit at my computer a lot too and I have a little 8 inch LCD TV and keep it on too while blogging or doing my other stuff. I have come to the conclusion that four things are paying for delivery of our TV News and Documentaries. They are hair loss drugs, erection loss drugs, drugs for guys who have a constant urge to pee, and all kinds of other drugs for every ailment that ever might afflict you. In this last category you are never really informed what the drugs are for, just that you might need them and you better call some Doctors to ask them about it.

I guess this is what us baby boomers can expect on TV from here on out. Of course we can just decide not to watch commerical TV. I only really watch a few network shows. Battlestar Gallactica, Boston Legal, Invasion(if it ever comes back), and some of the SCI-FI channels mini series. I started watching the Lost Room last night and it looks to be pretty good. And, I record them all and skip through the commercials. That turns a one hour show into 40 minutes. A time saver.

Mostly I watch HBO and Showtime miniseries because they are really entertaining and thought provoking. Like Showtime's Dexter. It is about a likeable serial killer who only takes out bad guys.....slowly.

2 comments:

Avelino said...

I think Invasion was canceled, though there was talk of it being moved to Sci-Fi. Also, did you hear that BSG will be moved to Sundays in the near future?

Anonymous said...

Ah, another fan of Dexter. I loved Michael C. Hall on Six Feet Under but he is positively brilliant in Dexter.