Monday, December 29, 2008

Exempts

I have worked for many years as an "exempt" government employee. I have also worked as an Elected Official who hires these kinds of employees. These 'exempt' employees work at the pleasure of the elected official and are not covered by the normal protections for state government employees.

So it should be no surprise to anyone that Lt. Governor Diane Denish, soon to be Governor if all goes as planned, has asked for letters from all state exempt employees which requires them to state their wishes about staying on with her when she ascends to the top job. It is totally within her power to keep those folks on or not. That is the way it should be.

I am currently one of those exempts. I sent her my letter and will do what ever she wishes. So should all of the rest of our political appointees.

She has somewhat of a difficult call on this issue. Some of us will go and some of us will stay. I know she will treat everyone fairly but if some go they may go with a chip on their shoulder. Hopefully, that wont affect her race in two years. I don't think it will actually and I am going to support her strongly no matter what. I actually think there won't be many changes right now. Two years from now is when she will truly concentrate for a few months on her own administration's workforce. I am pretty sure she will win.


Meanwhile, Bobbi and the erstwhile volunteers from NM are working on the Road Runner Coyote Float. It is sure to be a hit with the kids.

No comments: