Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Chamber of Commerce

I watched a truly horrendous TV commercial last night on health care reform. It was full of lies and innuendo and it was paid for by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. It got me to wondering if the Albuquerque Chamber of Commerce is part of that effort. It would be interesting to see if the business groups in New Mexico are willing to throw reform out the window.

I am hoping for the best tonight from President Obama. I want him to stick with the public option. It is the only way to control insurance companies and will do so through providing a reasonable alternative to the private market place. It will serve every ones interests in the long run. I am certainly not against private insurance companies remaining in the game and some of their programs are good. But costs are literally killing people.

It is my feeling that almost any legislator that votes against a public option is not working in the best interests of their country, but rather in the best interests of their political contributors.

No comments: