Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Who's Your Daddy?

So, how many things can a candidate claim to be before someone says...wtf? I say this because last evening I got a call from a close friend who is not so quite politically active as me. He and his wife were really upset because they had received a robo call from Howard Dean asking them to support Marty Chavez. Dean is the former democratic party chairman who became famous for his scream. Marty had supported him when he ran for President and then Dean helped him four years ago. My friends were upset because they didn't think a high profile democrat should be endorsing one democrat candidate over another in a non partisan race.

Not one hour later I get a visit from a neighbor who brought over a flyer that was obviously mailed to independent voters by Marty Chavez. It basically says....I am an independent, vote for me.

So, what is it....is Marty a democrat or an independent? Well, he is just really a good politician who in his campaign tries to be all things to all people.

I also hear the republican Richard Berry who has been dissing Latino immigrants will now go after their vote on the abortion issue. Look for churches to be papered this weekend about how his opponents are pro choice.

All of this happens as our supposed democratic controlled senate in Washington votes against the public option in healthcare. Other countries must now be really sure we are a nation that really doesn't care about its healthcare. Thanks to Senator Bingaman for voting the right way!

Life is too short.


No comments: