Thursday, January 14, 2010

El Camino Real


These are the flags of the U.S, Mexico, Spain, New Mexico and Texas that fly over the Camino Real International Heritage Center which is about 30 miles south of Socorro on I-25.  I had been wanting to go there for many years as I was helpful on the project when I was Director of the Bureau of Land Management at the Department of the Interior.



So, John Koontz and I traveled out there today.  I would highly recommend everyone take the little side trip to view this great state museum.




We also stopped by the Bosque del Apache National Wildlife Refuge.


And just marveled at our beautiful landscapes.  We then stopped at the Owl Bar in San Antonio for Green Chile Cheeseburgers.

2 comments:

derekbill said...

Just gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

It is disappointing to me that the Camino Real International Heritage Center is not on or near the Camino Real, which is about a mile away...

Unrelated to above, New Mexico Magazine once had an aerial photo of what was obviously the Camino Real, and within a quarter mile on the right was bustling traffic on Interstate 25.