Thursday, April 14, 2011

NewMexicanVoice

There is a new website up that will be interesting to watch.  It is the brain child of Stephan Helgesen, former science advisor to Governor Richardson.  In his own words here is what he wants to do with NewMexicanVoice.com

"I am definitely local. There's no profit right now, but I'm hoping someday. I used to be the Dir. of the State of NM Office of Science and Technology under the second Richardson administration (3.5 years). Before that I served for 20 years as a U.S. Diplomat in Europe and SE Asia. I'm concerned that we have too few places where serious, civil discourse on a range of issues can take place. Since we're coming into a highly-charged political year, I wanted a kind of DMZ where people of differing opinions could get their voices heard in a serious forum, and that goes for non-political issues as well. I'm still a believer that people should talk with one another without raising their voices whether in person or in print.
If you have an article or articles or opinion piece that you want published send them to me and I guarantee they'll get put up on the site. I also have a site that needs a little dusting off called, Greeningnewmexico. I love the land and am a proponent of sound land use, something you know infinitely more about. Just as an FYI, I am also the Honorary Consul for Germany here in NM. Hope to hear more from you.
Best regards,
Stephan


This will be fun to watch.  In an offhanded way it is another indictment of the Albuquerque Journal for its decidedly one sided editorial columnists.

No comments: