Monday, October 31, 2011

Angels

Our first tricksters tonight were three angels accompanied by nine adults.

Many of our kids come on Halloween from  the Duranes neighborhood which abuts ours.  Ours is a upper middle class neighborhood and theirs is a strong working class neighborhood. There is a gate offering access to either side at any time of the year.  But our walls fall every halloween in a big way and it is glorious.

We keep count every year.  We ran out of candy after 261 little monsters came to the door.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember it now. My buddies and I would head straight to neighborhoods like yours.

You know, last year was the first Halloween I was for home for in about 15 years so I went to the city's web site to see if they still had a designated trick or treat time and when it was and I got the impression that they try to discourage trick or treating.

In other words, instead of trying to make a world where our kids are safe we just get more defensive and keep heading in the opposite direction.

That was a nice post, interesting on several levels. Very nice photograph. It's hard to get something like that.

Anonymous said...

I grow fonder of your blog every time I read it. Would value your thoughts on the immediate political aspects of the un-Occupy ABQ thing. My personal feelings are that the City is playing it a bit too conservatively but, more significantly, UNM (The Schmid) is abdicating its responsibilities to protect those of its students involved, to use what is going on as a teaching tool (Pol Sci, Econ, Anthro,History, Sociology Departments and the MBA program all should have at least professional curiosity if not direct involvement). Anyway, that's my stuff on it; but I am much more curious about your feelings and thoughts...I may well have missed something. And thanks, eh? (You are gracious not to post comments. Thank you.)

Vicki said...

Lovely. I had 12 here in Sandia Knolls in the mountains.

janecraft said...

So envious -- we only had three kiddos this year -- two unicorns and a graduate