Thursday, October 19, 2017

Santolina Crime

The actions of Jeff Garrett of the Santolina sprawl project on ABQ's west side are criminal in my opinion.  His company has funded outrageous commercials that accuse Mayor Candidate Tim Keller of coddling sexual predators.  I have seldom seen a city race stoop this low on local TV campaigns.

We know that Garrett has been joined in the past by many Attornies at the Rodey Law Firm in funding candidates who favor this horrible development.  Are they doing so again?  I am talking about John Salazar, Dick Minzner, Justin Horwitz and Robert Lucero.  Have they lent their time and money to this dirty campaign on the behalf of dan lewis?  Will we ever know?  The same goes for the Bohannon Engineering firm.  Are they putting their great reputation on the line too?

The only other time I have seen something akin to these attacks is when I ran for Mayor in 1985.  Ken Schultz and the Aragon family, that would be Manny and Benny and their ilk, started a rumor campaign all throughout the Hispanic community that my wife Bobbi was a racist because she didn't carry my last name of Baca.  They also said my children did not, which was totally false.  But the campaign worked for them and he beat me by a couple of thousand votes in the runoff on the strength of those whispers.

So, once again I admonish all voters to get to the polls or we will end up with a christian fundamentalist mayor who lies and cheats through his supporters false TV ads. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What crime has Jeff Garrett committed? I agree that he is a scumbag for the attacks on Keller. Santolina remains a bad idea.

Anonymous said...

is dishonesty a crime? I think so. Is using money to subvert democracy a crime? Well the GOP Supreme Court has allowed it. So, I think this Garrett guy is a morality criminal.

Anonymous said...

Don't shoot the messenger, Keller voted for the legislation and is responsible for his vote

Also it might help to read SB184 and the Fiscal Impact Study report prior to name calling

I am sure that Mr Baca read it prior to blogging about it

And from his blog he implies he too would have been supported SB184 if he was Mayor of ABQ at the time

Anonymous said...

If dishonesty in and of itself was truly a crime then a lot more people would be considered criminals. People lie all the time. Unfortunately, money influences politics all the time. When Keller wins, he will have to take care of the unions. Not much difference between that and Lewis taking care of Santolina if he was too win. Politicians help those that get them elected.