Friday, June 02, 2006

Struck Silver

I got another endorsment from the Silver City Daily Press. I had a nice chat with the publisher down there about my days as State Liquor Director. I especially like this newspaper because it is one of the few small town dailies in New Mexico that has its own press. Most small town papers are part of conglomerate operations that centrally print their editions and then truck them to the communities' readers. In Silver City you can still smell that special scent of newsprint ink.

I also noticed that my opponent's financial report shows him with $50 thousand in unspent funds as of yesterday. He had loaned himself almost that much, so maybe he didn't really want to spend it and make it appear he had raised a lot, or maybe he knows something I don't! I did loan about $11 thousand to my campaign, but I put it to work in these last days.

No comments: