Friday, November 10, 2006

Sleeping Late

As I recover from the grueling campaign and Bobbi from her major surgery we are enjoying getting some sleep time. We didn't get up this morning until 7:30am. I have already started my diet program and getting back into the aerobics and weights. Thirty pounds has to go. Anyway the sleep time was great. Reading the Journal was not. I am really upset that Patsy Madrid has probably lost her race to Halliburton Heather.

Stop and think about what happened here. Last October 3rd the New Mexico Oil and Gas Association and their master Yates Petroleum of Artesia decided to break with tradition and endorse candidates. The two they endorsed were Heather Wilson and Pat Lyons. That certainly pumped a lot more oil money into their campaigns. I was surprised to see how much more money Wilson spent on TV than Patsy. That turned the tide against Patsy, just like it did to me.

Tomorrow we pack to go to Puerto Vallarta for a week. Then we come back and I will figure out what to do next. Probably some consulting having to do with solar and alternative energy production. Now that we have Jeff Bingaman and Tom Udall in charge of the right committees we might actually make progress and minimize the oil companies stranglehold on this country. I might be willing to dedicate the rest of my life to that.

No comments: