Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Chaco Canyon


I had heard several weeks ago that the State Land Office was going to allow oil and gas drilling within sight of the Chaco Canyon National Monument. Frankly, I couldn't believe it.

I had thought about calling the media about it, but decided it would come out soon enough. Once again, under the leadership of Pat Lyons, the only thing that matters to the Land Office is how much money they can make. Yes, that is their job, but it should take a back seat to possibly ruining a national treasure. I am hopeful that some common sense on Lyon's part will prevail. I know he has it in him and this is a fight he really wouldn't want.

So, Pat can be the hero or the goat on this. Let's hope he is the hero.

This picture of my son Justin and daughter Noelle was taken at Chaco around 1990. It is my favorite picture of them because it says so much about their relationship.

1 comment:

Jimbo said...

Dear Jim,

We are both named Jim and we must live in parallel universes because we wrote about the same thing today on our blogs and our conclusions were similar, except that you showed much more tact. Coincidence?

Jims rule!