Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Pariahs

I often bemoan the art of scapegoating. So in the spirit of the art I will now scapegoat bankers. Yesterday I received a notice from CITI Bank that my credit card interest rate would be more than doubling to almost 20%. The letter just might as well have said, "Bend over your jerk."

I don't charge much on credit cards anymore unless there is a large amount we want to get travel miles for. And that is on our Delta Cards. But once in a while you come across a place that doesn't take American Express so you whip out the old Master Charge.

Here is my message to Citi Bank. You can bend over too while I deftly insert my credit card into the receptacle. Screw twenty years of being a customer with never a late payment. You bankers are a despicable lot in most peoples eyes right now and will be for some time.

"Because bankers measure their self-worth in money, and pay themselves a lot of it, they think they're fine fellows and don't need to explain themselves."
James Buchan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ditto on what the credit card companies are doing. I pay off our credit card bill every month and I've been careful to see if they are changing things. I had run a lot of stuff through Citi card last year for cash back reasons, but dropped them when I read the fine print that cash back was "limited" to about $360 a year. That was the fine print. We gotta stay vigilant-the price of liberty someone once said.