Monday, April 17, 2006

Into the West

Tuesday will be spent in Grants and Gallup on the old Route 66 campaign trail. I really like the landscapes out west of Albuquerque, although the guantlet presented by thousands of semi trucks on present day I-40 means it is important to keep your eyes on the road. My fundraiser, Mario Montoya, will be along to help drive and supply me with brochures.

I was really proud of the Governor for saying that Rumsfeld should resign. That is a gutsy thing to do and from the latest polls it looks like most people probably feel the same way. It is strange that the Governor, a state official, is the only one saying this while our Washington delegation remains so silent. Maybe that is why we are electing so many Governors to the White House. They are not fearful of giving their opinions.

No comments: