Monday, April 17, 2006

Rested

That 36 hours of no campaigning was very restful. I am ready to go for the week. We had a nice dinner at my brother Tom's yesterday.

This is my uncle, Jaime Baca. He is 83 years old and a deacon in the Catholic Church. He is a retired school teacher. Jaime is a WWII veteran who served in the 5th Air Force in the Pacific and had many combat missions as that Air Force leapfrogged along the Pacific islands. He has some harrowing stories to tell and credits the skill of his B-24's pilot with saving the crews lives. He still stays in touch with that pilot. Jaime announced he and a priest friend of his will drive to Alaska and back this summer. I hope I am in shape to do that kind of thing when I am 83.

This is the newest Baca. She is Emma, the daughter of my neice Stephanie. Stephanie and her husband Mike are architects in Los Angeles.

No comments: