Thursday, May 25, 2006

The Birds

So, there I am last night doing a little watering in the front yard and these guys walk by in formation. I have lived in this neighborhood since 1979 and I have never seen a gaggle of peacocks walk by before. There is a first time for everything I guess. They must have been used to people because there was a lot of people coming out to watch them and they didn't mind. Maybe they came over from the Zoo.

Now look carefully in this picture and you will see the Humming Bird that has built its nest over my hot tub in a Sycamore tree. I have been watching this go on for several days during my early morning soak.(Try not to visualize that.) I have a feeder nearby so this little guy or girl has a good food supply. Last year there was one Hummer that would come up right to my face and stare at me.

No comments: