Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Endorsements


Every political candidate yearns for Newspaper endorsements around the state. We are now entering the period of time before election day when the state's newspaper publishers will weigh in with their picks. These endorsments can make or break candidates in very close races. So, we all lust after that two paragraph endorsement, from the smallest weekly to the largest daily. I have always felt these endorsements were worth 2-4% of the vote in the lower constitutional office races.

Today I got my first endorsements from the Las Cruces Sun News and Silver City Sun News. I wasn't sure they were even going to endorse, but I was surprised when I got a call from supporters today that I got the nod. Read it here.

There are many more endorsments to come and I hope to do well in them.

No comments: