Sunday, July 29, 2007

Sunday Foray

Bobbi and I decided to take off for Santa Fe's annual Spanish market.


I had not been to it in a long time. It is definitely the place to go if you are into Retablos and Santos.

There were many New Mexican Artisans displaying their work and there were also a lot of contemporary artists exhibiting.

This is my sister, Dr. Maria Carlota Baca and Bobbi at my sister's home in the hills of Santa Fe. Tomorrow my sister will put her thoughts down for a guest blog.

We had a great discussion at lunch about bush and his legacy. (Good food and the Zia Diner, good service, slow kitchen, but worth the wait.)

Last Friday night Bobbi and I had dinner with a good friend who just returned from a 10 week stay in Africa. He has been very active there for years with Gorilla programs and has made many friends. He said his African acquaintances used to say that America was a blessed country and a great country. Now, they say America has lost its way and will no longer be a good example to follow. All this in just the years of the bush administration.

I am sure my sister will have a lot to say.

No comments: