Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Where is Heather?

About the only news I hear about Heather Wilson, our pro war/pro bush, pro WMD advocate, is scraps about the US Attorney fiasco. Her usually efficient press operation is ominously quiet. They are apparently hard in the camp of 'no news is good news' after Heathers winter of discontent. I was reminded of her when I saw the numbers on how much money she had raised during the last quarter for her reelection effort. $372,000. That is about twice as much as Martin Heinrich's $181,000 raised during the same period. I am a lot more impressed with Martin's totals than Heathers. He started with nothing and worked hard to raise that amount.

Now, Bryon Paez, a nice guy, has entered the race against fellow Democrat Martin Heinrich. I like Bryon but he won't have my support in the Primary. He is a lobbyist for Butch Maki's group in Santa Fe and I can imagine some of their clients can expect publicity because of Brion's entrance into this race. It will be interesting for us to see who he lobbied for and what positions he took for his well heeled clients. I hope someone will look into that.

I have heard some people murmur that Paez is getting into the race at Mayor Martin Chavez' urging. The reasons being it hassles the up and coming Heinrich and also helps cobble together an organization for Marty's upcoming Governors race. Marty reported he has raised $45k over the last few months, but wont say what it is for!

15 months to go until general election day in 2008.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think she is, also, afraid of the Iraq Summer kids. They've been canvassing in her neighborhood and boy, is she mad!

Anonymous said...

I heard Paez was elected Democratic precinct chair in a precinct where he didn't live and had to be replaced once the ward chair figured it out. I also know that happened a couple of times in the precinct elections and that Mayor Chavez was the one sending people to get elected in neighborhoods they didn't really live in. Mostly, he failed.