Thursday, December 29, 2011

Misc.

Sometimes things make no sense to me.  As I understand it the nation's Catholic Bishops are complaining that their constitutional rights to pursue their religious beliefs are being violated because they are being denied federal funds because they refuse to assist gay people wanting to adopt kids through Catholic Charities.  So, they are being discriminated against because they are not being allowed to discriminate against others?  It is kind of hard to wrap your head around that logic.  As I posted yesterday, I still think the Church will leave all this gay phobia behind in a few years.  Meanwhile they are closing some of their centers for helping the poor in order to get even with the policy.  What would Jesus do?

I for one will miss the New Mexico float in the Rose Bowl Parade.  The curmudgeon Martinez administration won't fund the enterprise any longer.  Governor Richardson started the tradition and the State's floats always won awards for their imagination.  I can understand opting out for a few years because of economic concerns, but as usual, Governor Martinez seems to be killing it because it was Big Bill's idea.

My wife Bobbi went with others to work on the float construction.


No comments: