Thursday, April 05, 2007

Four Weeks

I have been looking forward to our first long vacation since November of 2005 when Bobbi and I went to Thailand to see our daughter Noelle who was attending school there. (Noelle gets home for Easter tonight from Phoenix where she works for INTEL as a financial analyst. She sent me a note a while ago saying we should pick her up on the curb at the airport and that we would proceed straight to the Frontier Restaurant.)

Regarding the vacation thing, four weeks from today Bobbi and I will leave for Venice, Italy for a few days before picking up a Holland America Cruise bound for all of the Greek Isles and the Dalmatian coast. I have always wanted to see the Parthenon and I will now get to do it.

I remember I did an essay on the Parthenon when a student at Our Lady of Fatima School. I got a good grade on it. I didn't get many good grades so I remember that. I also remember the May Day ceremony when we were crowning the Virgin Mary. The crown burst into flames when it brushed the candles around the statue. The brave young girl who was anointed to do the crowning held on the burning tiara and looked around wondering what to do. Sister Bridget extinguished the blaze with water from a vase full of flowers. Those Dominican nuns were fast on their feet! They also scared the hell out of us guys with their disciplinary whacks with the blackboard pointers. If someone did that today they would end up being sued and put into the poor house.

While we are gone we have a full time house sitter. It makes more sense to pay a house sitter than to board the Beagles, who are now shedding two bales of hair a day. House sitting is actually cheaper and someone is around to take care of the place and blast any burglars. Besides my regular burglar alarm system I have a Remington and Mossberg back up system.

Have I mentioned Beagles snore really bad? I will record them sometime and post it in a blog.

Happy Easter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I heard from the Beagles that you snore. It's a two-way street.