Wednesday, November 23, 2005

10 Reasons to be Thankful

I love to pig out on Thanksgiving. It really is my favorite holiday. It is a pretty good idea for a holiday where you basically reflect on what the good things in your life are. It is certainly better than other religious holidays where you mostly are asked to reflect on your sins.

So, I will make an attempt to list my 10 most favorite things to be thankful for this year.



1. My family is doing well. Bobbi, Justin and Noelle are all in good health and spirits and are doing pretty much what makes them happy right now. They are all super educated and piling more degrees on whenever possible. I am really proud of all of them.

2. I am still healthy at the age of 60. I know so many people my age who are not so lucky and some who have passed away in the last year. I have always been blessed with this health, except for a bad back which was taken care of by a Yoga teacher in 1986. I have now decided I must finally lose 30 pounds if I want to stay healthy so I have ratcheted up my exercise and cut down on all foods that I like. I will however have a piece of Pecan Pie sometime over Thanksgiving.

3. I have good friends who have been around a long time. Some of them as long as when I was in the first grade.

4. I get to live in New Mexico which I truly love.

5. bush and the neocons are finally melting down in the public eye and their disrespect of government and individual's rights under the constitution are being exposed.

6. I am thankful for the career in politics and journalism I have had. I love both of those professions although they now seem to be intermixed. I could have been better at both but I still had lots of enjoyment from that work.

7. I am thankful for the travel Bobbi and I have embarked on over the last three years to new contitnents. It is something I wasn't sure we would ever do, but it is happening. We have been to Europe, the Mediterranean, and South East Asia and I hope there is more to come.


8. I am thankful that the family still has farmland in Pena Blanca, New Mexico. Justin, Noelle, and my brothers children Sara and Stephanie will always have a refuge if needed.

9. I am thankful that we have a Governor like Bill Richardson. He is a unique individual who could actually make it to the White House with a little luck. He has moved New Mexico into a "can do" attitude.

10. I am thankful for everything else that is good that I didn't mention, like good books, movies, great music, art, and smart big sisters. My DeLonghi espresso machine is a money saver and can match starbucks. I also like to Blog!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Jim! Just wanted to let you know that I'm reading occasionally to keep up with you all, and that you all look FABULOUS in the family picture. Love to all.
Take care.
-Rachel Cohen
Austin, TX