Monday, November 07, 2005

Beauty

This is the large reclining Buddha that I have always seen pictures of in travelogs. It is immense.


There is no denying these temples are staggering in their beauty and symmetry. We visited Wat Pho and the Thai Grand Palace today. I have to say that I have never seen a Cathedral, Mosque or Synagoge that can match these Thai Temples in sheer beauty and meticulous execution. I have always been astonished at the amount of a nation's wealth that were lavished on places of worship at the expense of all else, but you have to admit the world would be a worse place without them.
Just from the art and engineering advances that were necessitated by their construction we probably came out ahead.


Bobbi at Wat Pho


I am pretty sure I haven't been this sweaty since basic training in 1966 in San Antonio in Summer

No comments: