Thursday, September 28, 2006

Otero Mesa

An Associated Press Story led with a sentence that said environmentalists had been handed a defeat in a Federal court case that says the BLM didn't violate the law in leasing and planning for drilling on Otero Mesa. The sentence should have said that New Mexicans had been handed a defeat.

I am pretty sure my opponent Pat Lyons is rejoicing as he supports drilling this last great Chihuahuan grass land in America. His largest oil and gas contributor, Yates Petroleum, will do the deed. I am hopeful an appeal of the case will be made, or that other avenues might be used to halt this pending disaster.

P.S. My campaign manager in the Primary Election, Jessie Keefe, has started a blog about her new life in Maui. It is good reading and I will visit it often. It is called NewMexicaninMaui.

No comments: