Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Tulip

I am enjoying this semi retired life since the campaign. This past two weeks has been spent going to Board meetings of Environmental non profits that I work with and doing major work around the house. I have been inhaling polyurethane fumes as I refinish weather stressed windows around the house. Just two more to go! Wheeze.


Today I made a trip to Western Organics for a pickup load of decorative bark chips for the flower beds and garden. I took a picture of this beautiful Tulip in my back yard. Nature has a symmetry we often overlook.

I had to chuckle today on seeing a headline story on Ken Shultz' campaign donations to politicians. Somehow the Journal didn't mention republican Congressman Steve Pearce and Congresswoman Heather Wilson as recipients. I had blogged on that yesterday. In fairness, those were on federal campaign reports and the Journal appeared to only check state records.

Runors are whirling that many more government projects that were awarded to Marc Schiff's architectural firm are coming under scrutiny. That might include city and county projects.

1 comment:

NB said...

Nature has a symmetry we often overlook.

Lovely and oh, so true.

That tulip star is gorgeous.
:)