Friday, June 15, 2007

30th Anniversary

Usually on a 30th Anniversary you give your wife pearls. Or so I am told. I gave Bobbi a string of pearls a few years ago. This year I will give her something else. My secret.Bobbi and I met in an elevator at City Hall in 1975 when I worked for Mayor Harry Kinney. She was a 23 year old intern in the planning department. This picture was taken circa 1976. Wasn't she pretty?We got married on our lunch hour in 1977 so we could buy a house. It wasn't possible to get a mortgage as a 'couple' so we figured that was a good reason to go ahead and get hitched. Three years later we had Justin, shown here circa 1980 or 1981.


This is Bobbi in 1984. We were in Hawaii and she was pregnant with Noelle. And Noelle thinks she has never been there!This is Bobbi introducing Justin to Noelle a few hours after her entry into the world. I could go on forever about their sibling relationship, but now they like each other a lot.

This is me carrying Noelle into our North Valley Home for the first time. No white hair on me yet some 22 years ago.

This is Justin, Noelle and I at White Sands. Our family had a great time on that trip. Circa 1988.
This is Bobbi and I on our trip just a few weeks ago to the eastern Mediterranean. She is still the only one for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What was the Secret?

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad!

I love you.