Friday, October 21, 2005

Vigil vs. Rove-Libby

It is interesting to look at the front page of the Journal today. It has interesting stories and looks good. I am proud of our Governor's work in Korea. I am scared that we now have military guarding our borders, like they used to do in East Germany. The revelation that city and state police continue to get in fist fights in public makes me think they are out of control. Uh, officer, between round five and six could you help me find the robber who held me up?

Mostly though, I am astonished that Robert Vigil and his mouthpiece Sam Bregman continue to trump the news on the President's and Vice President's chief aides facing indictment.

I wonder what people think about Rove and Libby's involvement in outing a spy at the CIA for political purposes? Do our citizens in Albuquerque really believe that the Vigil story is more important to them than this breakdown in our national leadership? Probably, the Editors at the Journal are doing their job in being a local news provider, but still you have to wonder if the Vigil story really out ranks the bush and cheney's predicament.

An interesting note!

I put a sitemeter on my blog because my ego was really yearning to know how many people are reading this drivel. It actually is surprizing the number of hits I am getting. The only thing I will say is that there are over a thousand a week.

One of the features of this sitemeter is being able to see who is on line at any time. You don't know the individual, but you do see what domain they are coming out of. I actually get a large amount of hits from state and local government. But there is one that opened my eyes quickly. It was the Department of Justice. So, who could that be? The FBI, the Homeland security guys, the janitor at the local US Attorney's office, or whatever? Should I be careful about what I am saying? I worry about this, seriously, because I am not exactly on the same page as bush's Department of Justice. Do you suppose the Army on the border would stop us from fleeing to Mexico?

Okay, that was dumb. Conspiracy theory to the max.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jim,

It doesn't take much imagination to consider the automated collection of dossiers on on thousands (or millions) of citizens from a paranoid administration. These dossiers could be reviewed at a later date in the envent of a "national emergency" to accumulate "watch list" of unpatriotic elements. The technical capabilities and, I believe, police state mentality is so far beyond "1984" that we would truly be surprised at what is possible.