Thursday, April 27, 2006

Domenici Mea Culpa

It is hard to believe that Pete Domenici is trying to distant himself from Big Oil. In fact, he has been their biggest ally for decades. Domenici's once responsible budget stands have turned into a cornucopia for the oil guys and now that the public is outraged at fuel prices he does an about face. Pete has such an aura about him he will probably get away with this.

I had to rejoice at the story in the Journal about Mayor Marty's budgets compared with my budgets. See the story here. One thing that was left out was that Marty's budget in his first term, just prior to mine, was also a run away affair. That is one reason that I had no money left in my four years. In Marty's defense, the city council would never leave a nickel on the table for bad times either.

I am off on another campaign swing to Las Cruces, Silver City and then a quick flight up to Santa Fe tomorrow.

No comments: