Saturday, April 15, 2006

Who has time?

Someone complained to me today that I haven't been blogging enough, and I agree. The problem is that when you are in a political campaign it insinuates itself into every waking minute of the day. Even when you want to blog on something you will always start thinking that some one will use it against you and there is a tendency to not say what you really want to. For instance, after doing endorsement interviews today and attending the annual Wilderness Rally at the Kimo theater I got home and found a postcard with a portrait of George bush on it. All it said was, 'thank you for your help.'

Was this a sick joke? I would really like to say here the kind of help I could provide to bush. You can probably imagine all sorts of ways I might 'help' him. I can't really say it though because, well---it wouldn't be nice. My critics always say I am to blunt when giving an opinion and I wouldn't want to give them more ammo right now. Funny, most people say they want honest and blunt politicians, but when you are honest and blunt you are punished for it.....go figure that out. Also, since I am not anywhere near six feet tall I start out at a disadvantage in political races because tall people always have an advantage over short people. I know that is true. In fact, all of our Presidents any more seem to be six feet or more in stature. Governor's too! I think only Mayors are allowed to be short since they are usually thrown on the trash heap of unfulfilled expectations.

I will quit now. I need 36 hours of rest.

No comments: