Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Credible?

We got back from Hawaii without any problems. Bobbi and I were a little slow in getting up but we will acclimate soon enough. We watched the Olympics last night, or should I say the commercials on NBC which were interrupted by competition once in a while. Tonight we record and skip, if you know what I mean. I understand NBC needs to make money to do this, but they are overkilling with commercials and schmaltzy bios!

Before we left Hawaii I got to thinking how hollow bush sounds in condemning putin in Russia for his invasion of Georgia. It is a terrible thing putin has done, just like bush did in Iraq. It is like a little boys club, these leaders who wage war and destruction to show how tough they are. But it is especially ironic that bush is now making America even less credible by criticizing another country for doing exactly what we have done. What is the old saying? "Do as I say, not as I do."

1 comment:

NewMexiKen said...

I'm not about to defend Russia or Putin for their overly aggressive reaction, but Georgia did attack the Russian peacekeeping troops first.