Saturday, July 23, 2005

Domestic

It will be a domestic weekend. I love these kind of weekends. Brian Sanderoff came over and helped me move out some old furniture and then the delivery guys moved in some new leather furniture from TEMA in Albuqueque. I then went over and helped Brian do the same thing at his new house.

I went home and cleaned my hot tub. I do it religiously every weekend. It is a really good one that we purchased about 7 years ago. It gets used by me every single morning after early exercise. I recommend it to everyone. It is nice to get warmed up early when you get to my age and you start battling sore joints. I know, this is boring. But here is a picture of my back yard.

My brother in-law Wayne from Colorado Springs says it is a back yard to die for. It really is nice on summer evenings. He is a Lutheran minister and a really nice guy. He is very progressive and that takes courage in Colorado Springs where some of our most conservative fundamentalist religious folks are headquartered.

I will go to Rodger and Connie's tonight for a party. There will be lots of cool people there who mostly share the same good political views. I realize 'good' is relative here. I will have exactly one Margarita and then switch to tonic water. I never, ever, have more that one drink any more if I have to drive. With Bobbi in DC much of the time I am always the designated driver.

No comments: