Friday, July 21, 2006

Ruidoso Trip


We left early this morning for Ruidoso with a short drive by of the Plaza in Socorro. I have always liked that Gazebo and my little pickup truck looked good there.


Then I went by one of my favorite places to check up on it. The Maintenance Department for Socorro County. I always want to check to see if it has had any maintenance. So far, I dont think so.

Then we arrived for a series of meetings in Ruidoso. People there are really upset with my opponents plans to trade away a much beloved piece of open space known as Moon Mountain. It will then be developed with hundreds of homes. They had a special meeting for me tonight to discuss ways of saving it. We had about 40 people show up, and then my opponent waltzed into the meeting too. He dug himself a really deep hole. It was kind of sad.

These folks in Ruidoso are beginning to experience a declining quality of life due to traffic congestion and loss of open space. My opponents development plans have caused a coming together of diverse groups in that Village and they want to save this land. I will help them in any way I can. Most of them are republicans with a good sense of conservation ethics.


Finally, this picture is from the going away party for Jessie Keefe and Jeff Hunt. They have moved to Hawaii. Jessie did a great job as my campaign manager during the primary election. We are all going to miss them.

No comments: