Monday, July 24, 2006

Teachers in the Oil Patch

A large group of teachers were paid $500 to sit through a presentation funded by Yates Petroleum of Artesia to hear about all the good things the Oil and Gas Industry does for us in New Mexico. Yes, I do believe they do some good things too through their payment of taxes and employment of New Mexicans. Yates thinks teachers only hear negative things about the oil patch. I don't know whether that is true or not, but I do know there are two sides to every story. There is nothing wrong with what Yates is doing except for the fact that there is no one who has large amounts of money for stipends for teachers to hear the other side of the story. They should hear about the threats to Otero Mesa and Valle Vidal from the Oil and Gas industry as well.

I hear Cheney is coming to New Mexico. You want to bet he will be raising money for my opponent?

I will be hitting the road tomorrow for Washington, DC for some of my volunteer work and some fundraising for the campaign. Wish me luck on that fund raising cause I need a heck of a lot more money to counter the oil and gas industry's support of Pat Lyons. Please send money to me by going to my website at jimbaca.com

No comments: