Thursday, July 13, 2006

Who Owns the Land Office and the West?


This is a website you all should visit and study. It will give you a good overview of who owns the oil and gas leases in the Western United States and on New Mexico's Otero Mesa. Browse around it a little bit and then take a look at the contributions to this Land Commissioner race that I am in at this site.

A lot of the people on the first website are giving a lot of money to my opponent as you can see on the second website. I will be publishing some pretty good facts on this and you will be astonished.

This will help you understand the money I am up against in this race. I have recieved no contributions from oil and gas companies. I figure my opponent has recieved at least a majority of his money from this one group that does business at the Land Office. This is unprecedented. The other contributions, or most of it, comes from other groups that do business at the Land Office.

Elections for State Land Commissioner in New Mexico cry for public financing. If I am successful in fighting off this oil and gas money I will seek public finanicing for this elected position.

I would however be happy to get a contribution from you. You make one online at www.jimbaca.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Jim, for bringing an important issue (public campaign financing) to light in this post.