Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Crossword


When my daughter Noelle got home for Christmas last Decemeber she brought along a crossword puzzle book. I picked it up and started working one of the puzzles. Now, I am addicted. Since the first of the year I have probably worked over 200 puzzles. I even got that great documentary film "Wordplay" from NetFlix which is about the New York Times Crosswords and the people who produce them and solve them. It is a great film and I recommend it. They even have an annual tournament.

They say these puzzles are great as you age for exercising the brain, although they can get very frustrating. I am still incapable of doing a Sunday Crossword in the Times. Another thing I learned is that the puzzles get harder every day in the week. Easy ones on Mondays....ones that make you catatonic on Sundays. I am still in the Monday and Tuesday range.

No comments: