Monday, February 12, 2007

Peeve


I have a recently formed pet peeve about the Water bill I get every month from the City of Albuquerque and Bernalillo County. Prior to the two joining up to administer the water utility the water bill had a nice graphic included with it every month to show your water usage compared with the prior month and the prior year's same month. I thought it was very imformative and that it provided feed back on how well my individual water conservation efforts were going. I can't really remember if we did this during my term in office as Mayor, but I think we did.

Now as you can see from my water bill there is no graphic. Just a note that the graphic is under construction. It has been missing for months now. How can that take longer than construction of a house?

Somebody at the Mayor's office or County Managers office should crack the whip on getting this helpful graphic back on to our water bills. I also think the city should run a tally on the tonnage of recycled materials we put out on the street every residential trash pick up day. We are charged $1.89 for that program and it would be nice to see how we are doing.

No comments: